Thursday, January 30, 2014

Stress eating

The last few days have been really rough ones. Without getting into too much detail, I've been having some challenges with my oldest who has Aspergers (a high functioning form of autism) and ADHD. There have been a lot of tears, a lot of stress and... a lot of snacking. I'm trying to keep in mind that food isn't the problem, and it shouldn't be the answer (thank you, Diana!), but old habits die hard. I am sharing this, not for sympathy, but because I know that a lot of people can relate to emotional eating. You are not alone. I don't know if my weight will recover before my next weigh-in, but my focus in the next few days needs to be on my family and my emotions, not a number on the scale.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this. Food is an easy go to when under stress. Hang in there friend!

    ReplyDelete