Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Italian Chicken Vegetable Soup

Today's lunch was Italian vegetable soup. I based it off of a WW meal idea and made it my own. To make it, I put some chicken broth (I use water with low sodium, chicken flavored Better Than Bouillon added) in a crockpot. Then add chopped veggies (whatever you have on hand), boneless skinless chicken breasts, Italian-style canned stewed tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasonings. Cook all day on low. About 45 minutes before you are ready to eat, add some whole wheat pasta (I used shells) and shred the chicken breasts and add it back into the soup. Watch the soup so the noodles don't overcook and get mushy. The time will depend on the type of pasta used. (This recipe was originally to be made on a stovetop, so if that's easier, it can be done that way in less time. I just like not having to tend to it and having it ready at the end of the day.) If you try it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment