Monday, January 13, 2014

Asking for help...

Why is it that it is so hard to ask for help, but usually so easy to give it? That's human nature. One thing that I've found to be so important is being able to ask those around us for help as we are trying to get healthy. Find one or two people who you can call on when you need to be "talked off the ledge" (aka you're ready to dive face-first into a huge bowl of ice cream). I have a few friends who I know I can call/text/email when I need support...and I do call on them. Find people who "get it" and who are maybe on a journey to health themselves. I have THE best hubby in the world, and he loves me and wants to do what he can to help me, but he has never struggled a day in his life with his weight or with an addiction of an kind. (I do have to ask him from time to time to keep the junk food out of the house or to not make cookies while I am home). While I still talk to him about my struggles or triumphs, I also call on my weight loss buddies. I saw that a friend just posted on facebook looking for a workout buddy. Great idea! The accountability and the support is huge! Don't forget to ask for help when you need it. It's not a sign of weakness...but a sign of strength and dedication to your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment