Thursday, January 16, 2014

Non-Scale Victories

I'm learning to look for and appreciate the non-scale victories as well as the number on the scale. I went to lunch with hubby today and had a salad and split a half of a very large sandwich with him. I was feeling a little guilty because, while it was a healthier choice, I could have chosen healthier toppings, dressing, etc. (In case you haven't figured it out yet, I tend to feel guilt over everything...lol.) Then, I caved and bought pita chips and hummus this afternoon and ate more of that than I should have. In the past, I would have said, "to heck with it!", and binged for the next few days because I'd already blown it. Instead, I decided to forgive myself, went to boot camp, came home and had a smaller, healthy meal (still feeling ick from the chips and hummus), and I'll go out on a "power walk" again tonight with a friend. My non-scale victory tonight was forgiving myself, making healthier choices and moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment