Monday, January 6, 2014

Sodium

Confession time...while deep-down I know that the number on the scale does not define who I am, I admit that it does have more control over me than it should. I try to watch my sodium intake especially closely on Sundays...the day before my weekly weigh-ins. When I stepped on my scale this morning, the number was a few pounds higher than it was the morning before. I admit that I kind of freaked! I've worked so hard this week and wanted to see a larger loss. However, I just looked at the packaging on something that I was eating yesterday. Hello, sodium!! And taco salad for dinner last night may not have been a great low-sodium choice. I DO know that it is water weight and will come off in a day or so. I should still show a loss when I weigh-in for WW tonight, but I'd hoped for the loss I was seeing before yesterday. Yes, I know this sounds ridiculous to some...that I worry about sodium and water weight...but this page is about me keeping it real. It is a constant battle for me to NOT define myself or my success by the number on the scale. It's something I'll continue to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment