Friday, January 3, 2014

Shane's Protein Pancakes

I've had a lot of requests for recipes. These are "Shane's Protein Pancakes". I got this recipe from my awesome trainer, Shane Summers. In a blender, grind up 1/2 cup oats finely, add 1/2 cup cottage cheese (I use fat free), and 6 egg whites (I use 3/4 c. liquid egg whites or egg beaters that come in the cartons). Then add a little baking powder and whatever "flavorings" you like and blend all together. Today I added pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and a little vanilla. I also like lemon zest with lemon juice, cocoa for chocolate pancakes, blueberries, chopped apples...you can get creative! The batter is thinner than regular pancakes and the pancakes are more dense and not fluffy like regular pancakes, but they are yummy...and way healthier! This batch made 10 pancakes, which will be a few breakfasts for me. I am all about feeling like I'm getting a lot of food for my calories, so I love that I can eat 3 or 4 of these pancakes and not feel guilty. For those doing Weight Watchers, these come to only 1PPV (points plus value) per pancake! I top with 2 Tbsp of sugar free syrup (0 PPV). If you try these, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment