Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pity Parties are like Twinkies...

"Pity parties are like Twinkies: even though they're not good for us, sometimes we just can't help ourselves." (from the book "Does This Insecurity Make Me Look Fat?" by Michelle Wilson)

So, I guess I've been having a good old pity party the last few days. I've been doing this clean eating "diet" (I still hate that word!) for the last 19 days. The first 9 days was the cleanse part and I lost 11.4 pounds and 9 1/4 inches. Then I started the 21 day portion where you eat a little more (adding in a mid-morning snack). I understood going into it that I would not lose at nearly the rate I was on the cleanse. Days 1 and 2, I kept seeing a decent drop each morning, but then for days 3 thru 9, I was up .2, down .2...back and forth. This morning, I saw a 1 lb drop from yesterday. I completely understand that our bodies are on their own schedules when it comes to showing a loss or gain, and that it really shouldn't be about the number on the scale. BUT...I have to admit that it was pretty frustrating when I went to my Weight Watchers weigh-in this morning to see a loss for the week of.... .8 (yes, point.freaking.eight. for the entire week.) Then to hear other members talk about how they couldn't believe their loss of 2.6 lbs after all the Easter candy and eating out they indulged in all week? Not fun. I ate CLEAN...fruits, veggies, lean meats, smaller portions, and ZERO Easter candy or processed foods of any kind. And no, the inches haven't changed since I ended the cleanse, so I can't comfort myself with that. 
I DO know that I won't give up! I will not continue my pity party with accompanying thoughts of "Screw this! If I'm not going to see the results I want, I may as well stop at DQ and drown my sorrows in a Blizzard." (Yes, those thoughts may have crossed my mind...for a while...this morning). Regardless of the frustrating results on the scale, I do know that I am fueling my body in a healthy way. I am learning how delicious these whole foods are. I FEEL GOOD, which is such a huge thing. I will trust in my body and in the process. Pity party over.

1 comment:

  1. Stay focused! Slow loss is still good. It is hard to not see the large losses others see. And even more when you hear what they are eating. I'm down 8 pounds in 12 weeks. Do I wish it was larger? Yes! I'm still not back to free LT. But, in 12 weeks I've only had one gain. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete