Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I can do hard things...

I noticed something interesting tonight at a church ladies meeting. A lady came up to me and was asking me about my weight loss. She was so excited for me and commented on how huge of an accomplishment it is. My response? "Thanks, but I still have a ways to go." Why is it that I felt the need to discount her compliment? Why is it so hard to just say, "thank you" and accept a compliment? It's because in my head, I am focusing on how far I have to go and feeling overwhelmed. Instead, I need to appreciate and be proud of how far I've come and what I HAVE accomplished.
I, a food addict, an emotional eater who is the mom of two "high maintenance" boys with their own challenges, pushed through the obstacles, the self-doubt, cravings and physical limits to lose over 100 pounds. That is something to be proud of. I can do hard things. I am proud of what I've learned and who I've become. I have inspired people to begin their own journeys to better health and that is a huge responsibility. I can now push through this plateau, remind myself that I am worth it and I can do hard things and continue to realize my potential.

2 comments: