Sunday, February 2, 2014

Overcoming Self-Sabotage

I took a 6 hour class yesterday on "Overcoming Self-Sabotage". It was very well done and I learned  a lot about the signs of self-sabotage and some tools for overcoming it. The biggest thing that I sabotage myself on is, of course, my weight loss. As I've shared, I'm a very emotional eater, so when I'm stressed I immediately go for food. I can stand in front of the fridge, know what I'm doing and that I'll regret it later, and dig in anyway. In talking to the presenter after the class, she asked me if I feel that I'm worth it (meeting my goals). I said that I think I do. She looked me in the eye and said, "Do you really?". That hit me hard. We also discussed that I may be afraid of success. She also asked me why I want to keep going with my weight loss and reach that "goal number". I hate that question because I really don't have a great answer, and I think that's a big part of why I have mostly maintained for awhile. I don't remember ever being thin. Even when I was, I thought I was fat. I have no comprehension or memory to draw on of me being thin.  It is an "unknown" which can be scary...even if you know it will most likely be a positive thing. It comes down to re-programming our minds that we are worth it and that  we can do it. Now to put what I've learned into action. I have goals waiting to be met....
Self-sabotage is when we say we want something and then go about making sure it doesn't happen.  DON'T DO IT!

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you Jamie. You truly are an inspiration, and have come so far. Love you!

    ReplyDelete